There are two categories of bias in studies today: conscious or explicit biases and unconscious or implicit biases. Unconscious bias is usually thought of as social stereotypes that typically focus on others that are not from the same conscious area. Here are some quick facts about unconscious bias:
- Unconscious bias is more common than the conscious or explicit bias.
- Unconscious bias may not concur with the conscious bias of an individual.
- Unconscious bias may be triggered by an event or situation.
In this unit you will introduce to you the ideas and techniques for defining different unconscious biases that are very common today. It will also show the effects of these biases on the work culture and the business practices of a company.
1. Getting Started
2. What is Unconscious Bias?
3. Types of Unconscious Bias I
4. Types of Unconscious Bias II
5. Unconscious Bias III
6. Effects on Company
7. Mitigating Unconscious Bias
9. Promote Inclusion
11. Handling Complaints
12. Wrapping up and Test Results