Environmental Sustainability: A Practical Approach to Greening Your Organization program is designed to teach students how to develop and implement an Environmental Management System (EMS) that will make their workplace greener.
Environmental Management Systems involve a set of processes and practices that enable an organization to reduce its environmental impacts and increase its operating efficiency.
This course will teach you:
- the benefits of establishing an EMS, the steps necessary to develop an EMS,
- how to determine the environmental impacts within an organization,
- how to set objectives and targets.
- in-depth case study is also included to give students hands-on practice with creating an EMS.
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: Environmental Management
- Environmental Management System (EMS)
Session Three: Developing an EMS
- How to Develop an EMS
Session Four: Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Determining Environmental Aspects and Impacts
Session Five: Environmental Significance
- Determining Environmental Significance
Session Six: Objectives and Targets
- Setting Objectives and Targets
- Recommended Reading List
- Personal Action Plan