IDB Trade Finance Seminar
A 2 day Trade Finance workshop was organised by Inter-American Development Bank and delivered by Vincent O’Brien of eBSI on 31 August – 1 September 2009. This was the first formal training delivered by eBSI to IADB who became the fourth multilateral development bank to choose eBSI as a trade finance training provider.
The workshop was designed to guide the participants through the typical trading cycle identifying the correct trade product for different stages and situations and how to apply them. Participants from the regional offices of the IADB joined the staff at head quarters for this two day training program.
The Trade Finance Operations seminar focused on the following areas in order to ensure first of all a proper understanding of the spectrum of trade finance products a bank can offer and how to manage them. Below is a summary of topics covered:
- Benefits to Banks from International Trade Services.
- Essentials to develop International Trade Services.
- Payment and Risk Categories.
- Understanding customers contracting requirements
- Concise summary of Incoterms 2000
- Risk Analysis of Trade Products
- Documentary Collection in Detail.
- Managing Export Collections
- Fundamentals of Documentary Credits
- Types of Letter of Credit
- Standby Letter of Credit
- Bonds and Guarantees
- Implications for Bank Customers
- ICC Rules for the Issuance of Bonds and Guarantees
- Receivables and Supply Chain Financing
- Invoice Discounting
- Warehouse Finance