Creating great training that changes how learners think and act is a challenge for every trainer. Luckily, there are plenty of techniques that can help us engage learners and motivate them to apply what they have learned back in the workplace. In this course, we will focus how visual storytelling tools can help trainers have an impact in the classroom and beyond.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how storyboarding leads to better training results.
- Apply storyboarding techniques to create a strong foundation for training.
- Design training that uses storytelling to make it memorable, compelling, and relevant to the audience.
- Evaluate technology tools to determine what will create the best learning experiences needed for adequate training.
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: How Storytelling Can Boost Your Training Power
- Setting the Stage
Session Three: The Elements of a Powerful Story
- Identifying Your Audience
- Defining the Story’s Purpose
- Developing the Story’s Content
Session Four: Storyboarding Techniques
- Storyboarding the Old-Fashioned Way
- Storyboarding with Apps
- Collaborating with Others
Session Five: Bringing the Story to Life
- Graphic Design 101
- Going Beyond the Basics
- Choosing the Right Medium for Your Message
- Making Connections
- Being Presentable
- Taking Your Visual Storytelling to the Next Level
Session Six: Tools and Technology
- Software Tools
- eLearning Approaches
- Relying on Technology
- Recommended Reading List
- Personal Action Plan