Survival Skills for the New Trainer is a course for beginner trainers ready to achieve excellence in their new field. This course is designed as an exploration of the essential skills that trainers need in order to be successful.
This soft skills training course includes:
- understanding the essential background for trainers within any industry
- how being genuine enhances training
- enhanced communication, from the elements of good questions, to listening skills, and developing rapport
- key skills in a trainer’s toolbox
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: What Makes a Good Trainer?
- Background Information
- Adult Learning
Session Three: Personal Best, Professional Best
Session Four: Being Genuine
Session Five: Assertiveness Skills
Session Six: Asking the Right Questions
- Asking Good Questions
- Pushing My Buttons
Session Seven: Listening Skills
- Can You Hear Me?
- Active Listening Skills
- What is Said and What is Heard
Session Eight: Connecting with People
- Rapport Building
- Facilitative Training
- Do I Have What it Takes?
Session Nine: Defusing Difficult Participants
Session Ten: Essentials for Success
Session Eleven: Do’s and Don’ts for New Trainers
- Recommended Reading List
- Personal Action Plan