Conversational leadership provides the space and infrastructure for knowledge sharing to take place; for employees, stakeholders, and the community to be involved in discussing big, important questions; and to generate solutions on which people within the organization can take action.
This leadership model shifts thinking from a command-and-control style to a more collaborative approach that focuses on relationship building and communication. The results for a business can be astounding.
This course teaches about:
- the wisdom inherent in encouraging conversational leadership;
- how to describe the four I’s of conversational leadership;
- and how to apply the principles of conversational leadership to improve results.
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: What’s In A Word?
- What is Conversational Leadership?
Session Three: Fundamental Elements
- Designing Meaningful Conversations
- Building Your Personal Skills
Session Four: The Four-I Model of Organizational Conversation
- Common Language
Session Five: The Conversational Leadership Framework
- Getting Started
- What You’re Aiming For
- Creating the Conversation
- Identifying Your Purpose
- Involving Your Stakeholders
- Asking Questions Based on Critical Issues
- Collaborating with Social Technology
- Creating a Wisdom-Based Action Plan
- Innovative Leadership
Session Six: World Café
- Setting Up
- The Innovation Space
- Recommended Reading List
- Personal Action Plan