Fostering innovation is one of the most important ways to help your organization succeed in today’s business world.
This course will help you understand:
- essential elements of fostering innovation in the workplace.
- the ways to create an innovative workspace,
- key traits associated with innovative leaders in the workplace,
- specific processes and workflows that can be implemented to help their entire team become innovative thinkers.
Session One: Course Overview
- Course Overview
- Learning Objectives
Session Two: Creating an Innovative Environment
- What Does Fostering Innovation Mean?
- Creating an Innovative Environment
- Implementing Innovation in the Workplace
Session Three: Who Is Doing It Well?
- Case Study: Google
- The Best Business Activity
Session Four: A Leader’s Role in Innovation
- What Does an Innovative Leader Look Like?
- How to Be a Great Leader Activity
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Are You an Innovative Leader?
- Creating Employee Engagement
- How to Get Employees Involved
Session Five: Systems and Processes for Innovation
- Systems and Processes
- Types of Processes that Lead to Innovation
- Hiring the Best
- Creative Interviewing Activity
Session Six: Is it Okay to Fail?
- Failure in Innovation
- Shaping a New Mindset
Session Seven: Innovation and Teams
- Is Innovation a Team Sport?
- Diverse Teams
Session Eight: What Happens When You Foster Innovation
- Bringing it All Together
- Personal Action Plan
- Recommended Reading List