Safety procedures are the backbone of an organization’s Safety Management System. They provide consistency, and when followed, create a safe working environment, which leads to greater productivity due to less injury down time. However, safety procedure writing can sometimes be difficult and time consuming.
This course makes this process easier by giving students the foundation to start writing effective safety procedures, and the tools and experience to develop and build a safety procedures manual.
This workshop introduces students:
- to procedure writing and provides tips to make them effective,
- how to develop flowcharts to depict process activities,
- and how to understand a variety of procedure types.
Session One: Course Overview
Session Two: Setting the Stage
- Policies and Procedures
Session Three: Safety Procedures Basics
- Developing Safety Procedures
- Developing a Safety Procedure Template
Session Four: Flowcharting
- Organizing the Steps in the Procedure
- Constructing a Flowchart
Session Five: Gathering Information
Session Six: Procedure Writing
- Guidelines for Writing Procedures
Session Seven: Honing the Draft Procedure
- Communication Aids
Session Eight: Some Other Methods
Session Nine: Procedures Building
- Recommended Reading List
- Personal Action Plan